maltypass said: Strictly to help you of course: 00Q, and since I can't think of a prompt let's use the quote, 'Strictly to help you of course'!
[*flails a little* I’m pretty much strictly a Marvel/MCU reader/writer, so I have NO IDEA what the 00Q tropes are, and I haven’t seen a Bond movie in like 15 years, so I apologize if this falls far, FAR short of the mark.]
James dutifully tested the laser cutter in his cufflinks, the knockout gas in the breath spray, and the camera in his glasses (being careful not to trigger the explosive lenses, of course — he’d have to wait to test those in the field). “Excellent work as usual, Q,” he said, “but you have yet to explain these rather racy underpants.”
"Strictly to help you, of course," Q said, smiling slyly, "though I rather thought we’d save the… demonstration for after you’ve returned from your mission.
I’m doing 3-sentence fics! Send me a ship and a prompt (setting/situation/quote)!
This is perfect, you needn’t have worried!
Rule one: Always post the rules.
Rule two: Answer the questions the person who tagged you asked and write eleven new ones.
Rule three: Tag eleven people and link them to the post.
Rule four: Actually tell them you tagged them.
1. What’s your favourite (alcoholic or non-alcoholic) beverage?
Decaff vanilla latte
2. Is there any place you’ve travelled that’s meant a lot to you?
I really loved Italy, but I think everywhere I’ve travelled has meant something
3. What’s your least favourite everyday chore?
Ironing – I’m afraid I’m going to burn myself
4. You must spend $1000 within the next 24 hours. What do you do with the money?
A few hundred on awesome furniture, and anything remaining on whatever Kickstarter catches my eye
5. Favourite album?
Tron Legacy by Daft Punk
6. Favourite member of your family or person that you are closest to?
I’m very close to my sister
7. Tell me about something important that’s happened to you or that you’ve achieved within the last year.
I aggressively pursued medical avenues to deal with a chronic breathing issue I’ve had for well over a decade and it resulted in a successful surgery. I mean it was messy and painful, but it’s been a long time with doctors not believing me so I felt pretty BAMFul in my noseguard and pyjamas, (plus breathing = yay)
8. Favourite outdoor activity?
Lying on the grass looking at the stars
9. If you could do or say one thing that you’ve always been afraid of, what would it be?
10. Favourite book?
I never tell anyone my real favourite book because I’m a dragon and I covet things, but close second is I’ll Be There by Holly Goldberg Sloan
11. I’m stealing this one: Recommend me 3 of your favourite fics — any style, any fandom.
Lay It Down by Dhampir72. James Bond / Q pairing, I think I read this 5 times straight in a row. It’s engaging and atmospheric, and even though it evokes a dreamy state so well it has very clear storytelling. The characters grow and change but always maintain that spark that keeps them recognisable. It’s the kind of fic I’m always hoping to find but rarely do, I love it.
Brain Damage by antisaints, Naruto / Sasuke pairing. I don’t know what led me to this fic since at a glance it’s everything I normally avoid, but it’s brilliant. The author juggles these polar opposite characters and somehow keeps both of their voices totally authentic, and the slow burn makes the payoff all the sweeter. It’s one of the most flat out entertaining fics I’ve ever read, and when I die I will be pissed if the first thing I learn isn’t the end to this unfinished masterpiece.
All things of dearest value hang on slender string by misshris18 Naruto / Sasuke pairing. Lush. Beautiful writing, believable matured characters, and the feels. So many of them.
1. Do you celebrate Christmas?
2. What’s your favourite junk food?
3. What’s your zombie apocalypse plan?
4. What’s the habit you’d most like to break?
5. What’s your favourite physical feature on yourself?
6. What’s your favourite outfit?
7. If you could experience a story you knew you were guaranteed to love through any medium, which would you choose? (Video game, film, TV series, graphic novel, book, play, radio, etc..)
8. City or country?
9. Star gazing or sun bathing?
10. What one thing makes you feel most loved in your relationships?
11. What physical object would you find it hardest to be without?