Skyfall cocktails part II
Plymouth Gin, a drink as English as the Union Jack and bulldogs, is not for the fainthearted. But mixed with lime juice and dry vermouth it becomes an elegant cocktail.
1. Pour the ingredients into a mixing glass with several ice cubes.
2. Stir well.
3. Strain into a chilled old-fashioned glass filled with ice.
4. Garnish with the maraschino cherry.
A very simple in preparation but exquisitely aristocratic cocktail.
1. Build the ingredients into a brandy snifter.
2. Stir and serve.
An unsophisticated but truly relaxing cocktail after a stressful week.
1. Pour the Guinness into a pint glass or beer mug.
2. Top with the cola.
A vegan variation of the eggnog, perfect for people who don’t have time to drink except for the holiday season.
The ingredients for 10 servings (in case of spending holidays at work in Q-department):
21 oz extra-firm silken tofu
2 cups soymilk
2/3 cup turbinado sugar, light brown sugar, or sucanat (or use 1/2 cup honey or 1 cup alternate liquid sweetener)
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup cold water
1 cup rum
4 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
20 ice cubes
1. Place the crumbled tofu and soymilk in a blender with the sugar and salt.
2. Blend until very smooth.
3. Scrape this into a large bowl or pitcher, and whisk in the water, rum and vanilla.
4. Mix well, cover, and refrigerate until serving time.
5. To serve, blend half of the mixture in the blender with 10 of the ice cubes until frothy.
6. Repeat with the other half.
7. Serve in glasses with nutmeg sprinkled on top.
The first part of Skyfall cocktails recipes (which is more fun since the agents are the main party people ;) ) is here: